UNC Charlotte ADVANCE FADO collaborates with many colleges, departments and other organizations to accomplish its work and to ensure efficient and effective leveraging of resources. Some collaborators include:
- The Center for Professional and Applied Ethics partners with ADVANCE on the Women’s Speakers’ Series. Noted leaders in the STEM fields from academia and the business world come to campus to share their research and insights with faculty, staff, students and others.
- The Council on University Community collaborates with ADVANCE on its diversity efforts. ADVANCE is aligning its work with diversity plans under development for each college. The office for the special assistant to the council is located within the ADVANCE offices, and the two organizations have shared resources, such as input from the Future of the Faculty committee. This input has helped with the university’s Diversity Plan development.
- ADVANCE involves members of the UNC Bridges Program in its programming. This group is a UNC system-wide development program for women.
- The university Human Resources Department and The Office of Legal Affairs collaborates with ADVANCE in the development and implementation of the diversity recruitment workshops held for faculty search committee members.
- Other related organizations include the Multicultural Resource Center and the Women’s and Gender Studies Program.