The ADVANCE Faculty Affairs and Diversity Office is excited to welcome our new faculty into the UNC Charlotte faculty community. We would like to stress the importance of professional development programming for all faculty at our institution, but particularly for our new faculty. With this in mind, we offer and very much hope you will participate in our New Faculty Learning Community Programming. The program, which was originally developed in 2009 under the name New Faculty Transitions, uses a proactive approach to quickly and thoroughly integrate new faculty into the campus community. The goals of the program are to:
- Welcome new faculty members and underscore their importance within the University community.
- Orient new faculty to the University's culture.
- Develop a lasting cross-discipline, cross-college collegiality within the new faculty cohort to complement that established within the department.
- Expose new faculty to the University's expectations on scholarship, teaching and service.
- Provide a clear and unequivocal understanding of the expectations of the University for faculty.
- Establish a network for faculty who are new to UNC Charlotte.
- Establish the practice of regular participation in professional development programming.
The 2017 - 18 schedule is in the process of being finalized. In the meantime, please click here to check out last year's programming and see what types of professional development opportunities are offerred during New Faculty Learning Community Programming