UNC Charlotte ADVANCE has focused its programming on the five primary goals of Recruitment; Retention and Advancement; Climate; Institutional Transformation and Dissemination.
Goal 1: Recruitment: To increase the number of female faculty, including women of color, interviewed and hired in STEM disciplines at all ranks.
• Increased female, and women of color, applicants to STEM faculty positions
• Increased campus awareness about equitable recruiting practices
Goal 2: Retention and Advancement: To increase the number of female faculty, including women of color, retained and promoted in STEM disciplines at all ranks.
• Increased female, and women of color, faculty retained in STEM
• Increased understanding of promotion & tenure requirements by female, and women of color, faculty in STEM
• Increased promotions for female faculty in STEM
• Increased support for research, teaching and service
• Increase the number of women from associate to full professor and in university leadership positions
Goal 3: Climate: To improve and ensure gender equity in views on salary, workload, resources, and recognition at the university.
• Increased salary equity of women faculty in STEM
• Increased perception of equitable climate
• Increased perception of work/life balance
Goal 4: Institutional Transformation: To catalyze organizational change that will intentionally attract, retain, support and advance women in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
• Sustain Advance efficacy
• Institutionalize Advance partnerships & initiatives
Goal 5: Dissemination: To communicate resources, findings and best practices of gender equity recruiting, retention, and climate initiatives, particularly among STEM disciplines.
• Increased national awareness of effective gender equity practices
• Serve as a model of best practices
• Promote an effective implementation & evaluation methodology
• Provide career development and support resources to women in STEM disciplines
UNC Charlotte ADVANCE Faculty Affairs and Diversity Office has developed a logic model to illustrate its programs and desired programming outcomes.
UNC Charlotte ADVANCE continues to evaluate its efforts and the resulting impact of its initiatives. The evaluation team has established a model for monitoring progress around its goals and desired outcomes.