- Faculty Governance
- Academic Personnel Procedures Handbook
- Faculty Development and Resource Directory
- University Policies, Regulations and Procedures
- Elements of the CLAS Candidate Dossier including Sample CVs and Personal Statements.
- An excellent example of a 5 year post tenure plan that is now required to be submitted by all tenured faculty
Please note that each college has its own set of RPT guidelines - be sure to check on your OWN college website to access the guidelines for your particular college.
College of Health and Human Services Guide to RPT
Numerous resources from The Georgia Institute of Technology regarding Biases in Evaluation Processes. Resources are categorized as follows: Cultural Biases, Professional Climate, Organizational Changes and Evaluation Procedure
List of Resources Discussing Student Evaluations and the RPT Process, Particularly as they Pertain to Women and URM Faculty
- Boring et al. (2016) Student evaluations of teaching (mostly) do not measure teaching effectiveness ScienceOpen Research (DOI: 10.14293/S2199-1006.1.SOR-EDU.AETBZC.v1)
- Anderson, K., & Miller, E. D. (1997). Gender and student evaluations of teaching. PS: Political Science and Politics, 30(2), 216-219. -
- Basow, S.A. (1995). Student evaluations of college professors: When gender matters. Journal of Educational Psychology, 87(4), 656-665. -
- Cramer, K.M. & Alexitch, L.R. (2000). Student evaluations of college professors: identifying sources of bias. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 30(2), 143-64. -
- Hamermesh, D. S. & Parker, A. M. (2005). Beauty in the classroom:Instructors’ pulchritude and putative pedagogical productivity. Economics of Education Review, vol. 24, issue 4, pages 369-376
- Marsh, H.W., & Dunkin, M. J. (1992). Students’ evaluations of university teaching: A multidimensional perspective. In J. C. Smart (Ed.), Higher education: Handbook of theory and research, Vol. 8. New York: Agathon Press. –
- MacNell, L., Driscoll, A. & Hunt, A.N. (2015) What’s in a Name: Exposing Gender Bias in Student Ratings of Teaching. Innov High Educ, 40 (291). doi:10.1007/s10755-014-9313-4
- Reid, Landon D. The Role of Perceived Race and Gender in the Evaluation of College Teaching on RateMyProfessors.com. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 2010, 3 (No. 3) pp. 137-152.
- Smith, G & Anderson, KJ. Students’ Ratings of Professors: The Teaching Style Contingency for Latino/a Professors. Journal of Latinos and Education. Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2005.
- Storage D, Horne Z, Cimpian A, & Leslie S-J (2016) The Frequency of “Brilliant” and “Genius” in Teaching Evaluations Predicts the Representation of Women and African Americans across Fields. PLoS ONE 11(3): e0150194. doi:10.1371/journal. pone.0150194
- Travis Russ, Cheri Simonds & Stephen Hunt. (2002). Coming Out in the Classroom … An Occupational Hazard?: The Influence of Sexual Orientation on Teacher Credibility and Perceived Student Learning. Communication Education 51(3), 311-324. DOI: 10.1080/03634520216516
- Wachtel, H.K. (1998). Student evaluation of college teaching effectiveness: A brief review. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 23(2), 191-211.
- Weinberg, B. A., Fleisher, B. M., & Hashimoto, M. (2007). Evaluating methods for evaluating instruction: The case of higher education (NBER Working Paper No. 12844). Retrieved August 5, 2013, from http://www.nber.org/papers/w12844
- Worthington, A.C. (2002). The Impact of Student Perceptions and Characteristics on Teaching Evaluations: A Case Study in Finance Education, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 27(1). 49–64.