Important Employment Information

When you arrive on campus, please visit the Department of Human Resources (King 222) in advance of, or no later than, your official start date to complete all necessary “new hire” paperwork.  Please bring your contract and/or appointment letter as proof of your employment.  During this visit, an HR representative will present you with USCIS form I-9, which requires verification of U.S. work authorization via two forms of identification.  Forms of acceptable identification include: an unexpired US passport; or a valid driver’s license (or other photo ID issued by a governmental agency), an original Social Security card or an original/certified copy of your birth certificate.  If you are not a United States citizen (F-1, J-1 Visa), please visit the International Student/Scholar Office (CHHS 202) before visiting Human Resources.

To ensure accurate payroll tax and retirement system reporting, the University strongly recommends that each employee present his or her original Social Security card.  If possible, please bring your original Social Security card, or official proof of application, when you visit Human Resources for your initial employment processing.  If you are unable to locate your card, you may apply for a duplicate card by visiting your local Social Security Administration Office.  Additionally, please be aware of the University’s direct deposit requirement for all payment types.  Please bring valid bank account information or a check marked ‘Void’ when you visit Human Resources.

During your initial employment processing, you will be provided with a packet of documents for your review and completion.  Included: USCIS form I-9, W-4 and NC-4 tax forms, Employee Status under Retirement Reemployment Laws certification form, personnel profile information sheet, and patent agreement.  All required paperwork may be accessed prior to your arrival from the HR website.  When you have completed all required documentation, you will be issued authorization to obtain an employee identification card and on-campus parking privileges (if so desired).   An HR representative will provide directions to the ID and Parking Offices.